Intel RealSense Depth D455
The Intel RealSense D455 is the latest addition to the family, the Intel RealSense Depth Cameras. The D455 is the fourth in the D400 series, designed from feedback and knowledge gained from over 10 years of stereo camera development. The D455 extends the distance between the depth sensors to 95 mm, which improves the depth error to less than 2% at 4 m. To improve the RGB image and the correspondence between the depth and RGB images, the RGB sensor in the D455 includes a global shutter and is matched to the depth FOV, with both having an 86° field of view. This Depth camera integrates an IMU to allow your application to refine its depth awareness in any situation where the camera moves. This allows for improved environmental awareness of robotics and drones. The Intel RealSense D455 provides more accuracy and flexibility, regardless of your use case. Some applications include,
- Collision Avoidance- Faster-moving autonomous robots require better and more accurate collision avoidance capabilities. A wide field of view and longer range depth camera makes operation in a changing environment easier and safer.
- 3D Scanning- Adding a global shutter to the RGB sensor and increasing the field of view to match the depth allows for improved correlation between the color and depth information.
- Digital Signage- Interactive digital displays in public spaces are increasing in popularity. The longer-range D455 provides reliable, touch-free gesture control and interaction from a greater distance.
- Volumetric Measurement- Indoors or outdoors, multiple D455 cameras can be used together. A longer range allows for real‑time scene capture at up to 90 frames per second.
The Intel RealSense D400 series is a stereo vision depth camera system. The subsystem assembly contains a stereo depth module and vision processor with USB 2.0/USB 3.1 Gen 1 or MIPI1 connection to the host processor. The small size and ease of integration of the camera subsystem provide system integrators flexibility to design into a wide range of products. The Intel RealSense D400 series also offers complete depth cameras integrating a vision processor, stereo depth module, RGB sensor with color image signal processing, and Inertial Measurement Unit2 (IMU). The depth cameras are designed for easy setup and portability, making them ideal for makers, educators, hardware prototypes, and software development. The Intel RealSense D400 series is supported with cross-platform and open-source Intel RealSense SDK 2.0
- Intel RealSense Vision Processor D4
- Up to 1280×720 active stereo depth resolution
- Up to 1280×800 RGB resolution
- Diagonal Field of View over 90°
- Dual global shutter sensors for up to 90 FPS depth streaming
- RGB global shutter sensor for up to 90 FPS
- Range 0.4m to over 10m (Varies with lighting conditions)
- The D455 includes an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) for 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF) data