JAI Fusion Series FS-1600D-10GE
The JAI Fusion Series FS-1600D-10GE is a 2-CMOS multi-spectral prism camera providing simultaneous images of different spectral bands in a single camera – a visible color channel from 400-670 nm and a near-infrared (NIR) channel from 740-1000 nm. This makes it possible to simultaneously inspect surface properties and sub-surface defects. A backward-compatible 10 GigE interface provides exceptional speed and networking flexibility.
The visible light channel outputs RGB or Bayer color images spanning the wavelengths visible to the human eye. The NIR channel, on the other hand, “sees” below the surface of organic and other materials to detect imperfections the human eye cannot see. JAI Fusion Series FS-1600D-10GE can replace multiple inspection stations with a single setup. JAI’s prism technology ensures perfect two-channel alignment, allowing users to replace multiple inspection stations with a single setup, providing both ease of use and lower equipment and maintenance costs. Separate exposure control for each channel allows the channels to be adjusted to one another without changes in the gain – maintaining a consistent signal-to-noise ratio at all times.
JAI’s multi-sensor, multi-spectral prism cameras provide simultaneous images of different light spectrums through a single optical path. The cameras split incoming light into two or three separate channels – typically including a visible channel from 400~680nm and one or more near-infrared (NIR) channels between 700~1000nm. This makes it possible to simultaneously inspect surface properties or printing, as well as sub-surface defects or other information that is optimally detected at NIR wavelengths. Multiple NIR channels can be used to help identify the specific chemical or biological substances that exhibit different characteristics in different NIR wavebands. JAI’s multi-spectral imaging camera technology allows users to replace multiple inspection stations with a single setup, providing both ease of use and lower equipment and maintenance costs. The cameras are ideal for inspecting currency, checks, textiles, plastics, circuit boards, life sciences samples, and other organic items such as fruit and vegetables.
JAI Fusion Series FS-1600D-10GE Features
- Prism-based 2-CMOS multi-spectral area scan camera that simultaneously captures visible and near-IR light.
- Backward-compatible 10GBASE-T (10 GigE) interface auto-negotiates to match the speed of connected equipment including NBASE-T (5 GigE and 2.5 GigE) and standard 1 Gbps 1000BASE-T GigE Vision.
- Sequence trigger mode for on–the–fly change of gain, exposure, and ROI.
- Supports IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol for synchronization in multi-camera applications.
- Color output can be raw Bayer (8/10/12-bit) or 24/30-bit RGB using 5×5 in-camera interpolation.
- The dual-stream output enables color and NIR images to be simultaneously output over a single cable.
- Color Enhancer and Edge Enhancer function included.
- Single- and multi-ROI modes.
- 20 percent better NIR sensitivity than previous CCD models