JAI Apex Series Area Scan AP-3200T-USB-LS
JAI’s prism-based R-G-B cameras separate the incoming light into red, green and blue wavelengths, which are directed to three separate image sensors. The cameras deliver exceptionally accurate R-G-B raw image data ideal for demanding color machine vision applications across a range of industries including pharmaceutical, electronics, printing/packaging and imaging in microscopy and medical diagnostics equipment. The 3-sensor imaging technique provides more accurate per-pixel color values than those obtainable with the Bayer Mosaic technique relying on interpolation routines alone to define pixel color values. The cameras also offer more precise spatial resolution, enabling accurate edge detection and the ability to resolve smaller details. The latest CMOS cameras in the Apex Series represent a large step forward in resolution, speed and color pre-processing functions all at a very reasonable price point. This will enable many more vision designers to step up to the increased value that comes from incorporating a prism-based color camera from JAI.
The Apex AP-3200T-USB-LS is a 3-CMOS prism-based R-G-B area scan camera intended for microscopy applications in the medical and life sciences markets. The multi-sensor prism technology provides better color fidelity and spatial precision than traditional Bayer color cameras, while the USB3 Vision interface offers excellent plug and play compatibility.
Exceptionally Accurate Color Image Data: Using a special prism-based imaging technique, the incoming light is separated into red, green and blue wavelengths, captured by three precisely-aligned CMOS sensors. The result is better color accuracy and spatial precision than traditional color cameras using the Bayer mosaic technique.
High Resolution Combined with High Frame Rate: The AP-3200T-USB-LS is built around three Sony Pregius IMX265 sensors. Combined with a USB3 Vision interface, this machine vision camera can output as much as 3 x 3.2 megapixels at 38 frames/second in full resolution.
Compatibility with Third-Party Microscopy Software: The AP-3200T-USB-LS is compatible with the widely-used ImagePro software from Media Cybernetics. Or if open source is preferred, device adapters are included at no cost in the latest release of the Micro-Manager software package.
- 3-CMOS prism-based RGB camera.
- 3 x IMX265 Sony Pregius sensors.
- True raw image data (Red, Green and Blue). Also available with IR-cut filter removed (AP-3200T-USB-NF-LS) for extended sensitivity in the red/NIR channel.
- USB3 Vision interface
- Analog gain and exposure setting for each individual R-G-B channel.
- Flexible color space conversion from raw RGB to sRGB, Adobe RGB, HSI, CIE XYZ, or custom RGB formats.
- Single and Multi-Region-of-Interest (ROI).
- Automatic level control.
- Shading correction on ROI.
- Color temperature presets.
- Built-in color enhancer and edge enhancer functions.
- Pixel binning (2×1, 1×2 and 2×2).
- Chunk data for each image.
- Compatible with Image-Pro and Micro-Manager software packages.
- White housing with robust and compact design (Shock 50G/Vibration 3G).