Based on innovative feature-point technology, The Euresys EasyFind is designed to rapidly find one or more instances of a reference model in the image. Compared to classical algorithms, EasyFind features faster processing and improved robustness. Euresys EasyFind geometric pattern finder shows excellent performances when handling instances that are highly degraded due to noise, blur, occlusion, missing parts, or unstable illumination conditions. With an adjustable accuracy up to the sub-pixel level, EasyFind reports very precise information about the instances found, such as their location, rotation angle, scale, and matching score. Euresys EasyFind supports don’t care areas, this feature allows the creation of complex pattern shapes.
The Euresys EasyFind is based on a novel feature-point technology. Instead of comparing the reference model to the sample image pixel-wise, it carefully selects salient features in the model. This method allows EasyFind to match only the areas that convey valuable information, resulting in faster processing and much-improved robustness. The Euresys EasyFind also brings a new approach to the problem of detecting insufficiently defined models in an image by proposing three selectable pattern types:
- Consistent edges – This mode is used for patterns with well-defined edges or to find non-deformed instances. It detects instances highly degraded due to blur, noise, occlusion, or varying illumination conditions. A point by point scoring method makes this operating mode more resilient to large occlusions and/or large variations of contrast. It also globally reduces the computation time of the finding phase.
- Thin structure – This mode is used to locate patterns including, particularly thin structures. It is robust against blur, noise, occlusion, and illumination variation.
- Contrasting regions – This mode is used for patterns with poorly defined edges or patterns exhibiting noise, blur, and random texture. The contrasting regions’ pattern type is robust against blur, noise, illumination variation. These three pattern types allow EasyFind to maximize the accuracy and the speed of the processing, even in difficult cases.
These three pattern types allow EasyFind to maximize the accuracy and the speed of the processing, even in difficult cases.
- Feature point technology.
- Fully automatic, fast, and robust.
- Rotation and scaling invariant.
- High tolerance for pattern degradation.
- Don’t care about the areas.
- User-defined pivot point.
- Typical applications include presence, absence, alignment, pick and place, and printing industry.