Zeiss Otus 1.4/55
ZEISS Otus Lenses
2,5 µm pixel resolution at high speed.
ZEISS Otus Lenses offer the possibility to image fast at low light with practically no aberrations. The lenses operate at f/1.4 without any compromises in performance. At f/1.4 you will hardly see any color fringes even when using 3,5 µm pixels. These lenses will provide you with a build quality and extremely smooth rotation angle for the very best usability. All these features make the ZEISS Otus lenses absolutely unique and set new standards.
All ZEISS Otus lenses cover line scan sensors up to 41 mm (12k) or full frame area sensor with 24 x 36 mm (71 or more Mpixel) and are available with standard F-Mount. The ZEISS Otus family consists of three focal lengths range from 28 mm to 85 mm and are key components in complex production processes (Machine Vision) as well as in optical metrology, medical applications, traffic enforcement, quality assurance, sports and many other applications. Here they prove their outstanding image performance and reliability.
- Stress Test: ZEISS lenses need to operate perfectly in extreme conditions, withstanding everything from scorching heat and bitter cold to sandstorms and severe vibrations.
- Long-lasting product with protection against environmental influences: The all-metal housing makes every adjustment a haptic experience. The dynamic, precise barrel design sets new trends in the world of camera lenses. However, the ZEISS Otus Lenses will impress you not only due to their visual and haptic excellence, but also thanks to their inner qualities. Special seals for protection against dust and splashes guarantee the system’s functional reliability even in environmentally difficult situations.
- Aspherical design: The aspherical lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. The asphere’s more complex surface profile can reduce or eliminate spherical aberration and also reduce other optical aberrations compared to a simple lens.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating: The optical elements of ZEISS lenses feature T* anti-reflective coating on all surfaces and an optical design that guarantees images of superior brilliance at all times, even in unfavorable lighting conditions. The first coating techniques were employed by ZEISS as long ago as in the 1930s.
- Virtually distortion-free optics: Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
- The ultimate in image contrast: Aberrations caused by extreme differences between shadows and highlights are particularly obvious in images captured at night. Thanks to the outstanding correction of lateral chromatic aberration, the floodlit facade is reproduced with absolute perfection.
Remarks: *No fixation for focus and aperture