Zeiss Interlock Compact 2/50
ZEISS Interlock Compact Lenses
Compact, lightweight lenses for large image circles of 43mm.
The ZEISS Interlock Compact lens family impresses with its high and unwavering image quality and precise manual focus. Their low weight, compactness and robust full-metal housing make the lenses suitable for rough industrial use. The lens family features a short M42x1 mount (18 mm FFD) and superior fixture screws that allow exact locking of aperture and focus.
They fit line scan cameras with sensors of 41 mm (4k – 8k) and area scan cameras with full frame sensors of 36 x 24 mm (up to 42 Mpixel). The outstanding difference of ZEISS Interlock Compact lenses against traditional F-Mount types is the M42x1 mount with a very short flange focal distance (FFD) of only 18,0 mm.
The Interlock Compact lens family from ZEISS consists of four focal lengths from 21 mm to 85 mm and are key components in complex production processes (Machine Vision) as well as in optical metrology, medical applications, traffic enforcement, quality assurance, sports and many other applications.
- Stress Test: ZEISS lenses need to operate perfectly in extreme conditions, withstanding everything from scorching heat and bitter cold to sandstorms and severe vibrations.
- Advantages of the Interlock Compact Lenses: Higher stability against shocks and vibrations since the center of gravity is closer to the sensor. Higher stability between lens and camera because of M42-mount.Less volume consumed. Higher precision when the aperture is set. Optics can be designed more symmetrical which leads to higher performance, lower distortion, etc.
- High-quality metal housing: Noticeable quality and high-value stability qualify ZEISS lenses for decades of intense use. The high-quality craftsmanship of the all-metal mount, the metal housing, and the aperture ring, as well as the robust front bayonet, ensure reliable results.
- Heavy-duty fixtures for focus and aperture: ZEISS Interlock Compact lenses are equipped with special screws to fix focus and aperture to get stable and reliable measuring results even in rough industrial conditions. Both the locking screws and the stable design make the lens inured to vibrations, improve measuring repeatability and avoid machine downtime.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating: The optical elements of ZEISS lenses feature T* anti-reflective coating on all surfaces and an optical design that guarantees images of superior brilliance at all times, even in unfavorable lighting conditions. The first coating techniques were employed by ZEISS as long ago as in the 1930s.
- Precise manual focus: Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS lenses stand out with their large rotation angle which enables precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane. The precise engraving in meter and feet and the depth of focus scale provide additional support for manually focusing.
Remarks: *Only available with fixing screws for focus and aperture