Photoneo PhoXi 3D Scanner XL
The Photoneo PhoXi 3D Scanner XL is your go-to scanner when looking for high-resolution and high-accuracy scanning of static scenes. Its structured light projection approach provides output in the form of precise point clouds for fast localization of any desired part. The robustness of the scanner ensures superior quality of scans, which makes it the best scanner for even the harshest environments. PhoXi 3D Scanner XL was awarded by the Vision Systems Design Innovators Awards Program for its unbeatable performance and best-in-class resolution/speed ratio. Each scanner from the PhoXi family (models XS-XL) is suitable for different applications, depending on the size of the scanned object, scanning volume, and other aspects. Equip your robot with a powerful 3D vision and allow it to see.
Photoneo PhoXi 3D Scanner XL Features
- Largest Scanning Volume
- The scanning volume of the PhoXi 3D Scanner family ranges from 15 cm up to 4 meters, allowing you to scan large as well as very small objects. Each of our five scanner models has been designed for a different scanning range to respond to your needs and cover all possible applications.
- High Resolution, Accuracy, & Level of Detail
- Get 3 Million 3D points in every scan and an accuracy of 25 – 500 um across the different models. The carbon body and thermal calibration ensure minimal expansion and reliable performance under changing conditions.
- Best in Class Performance
- Do you need to deploy your scanner in a brightly lit hall? Our advanced methods for ambient light suppression provide superior quality of scans even in demanding light conditions of up to 20 000 LUX. Materials such as shiny or reflecting surfaces pose no challenge thanks to the sophisticated noise filtering algorithms that are in place.
- Easy integration
- Enjoy the quick and easy setup – just plug and play in 3 minutes! The new PoE connector requires only a single cable to provide both electric power and data connection. If you need to power your device by 24 V, no problem – you can use the alternative powering option. Together with our advanced API and support of numerous operating systems, we made the integration easy as never before.
- Lightweight and Energy-Efficient
- Thanks to its low weight of less than 1.5 kg, the PhoXi 3D Scanner can be mounted directly onto the robotic arm – a very handy option if you need to scan a big bin with a smaller scanner from variable viewpoints, or to get a detailed look at the bin corners. Together with an energy consumption of less than 35 W, it makes a perfect fit for any kind of robot whilst reducing money spent on energies and complex cells.
- Dust & Water Proof
- Featuring protection class IP65, the PhoXi 3D Scanner is dust-tight and protected against low-pressure jets of water coming from any direction and at any angle. M12 connectors with screw-on locks ensure a robust, industrial-grade connection.
- PoE & 24V Powering Options
- You only need a single cable to get both electric power and data connection – Power over Ethernet. Alternatively, you can power your device by 24 V. The two options ensure versatility, easy use, and strong performance even when using long cables > 30 m.
- Thermal Calibration
- PhoXi 3D Scanner XL offers the best-in-class thermal stability thanks to hardware enhancements together with the thermal calibration model. It ensures a stable and reliable scanning performance in changing temperature conditions.
The Photoneo PhoXi 3D Scanner XL can be used in the food industry for scanning of “living” objects such as fruits, vegetables, or fish. Its superior performance enables Photoneo AI-powered solution AnyPick to pick objects with deformable surfaces, various shapes, and different sizes. Thanks to the advanced algorithms for noise filtering, PhoXi 3D Scanner XL has no difficulties with shiny or reflecting materials. It can be used for scanning and inspection of metal objects such as cogwheels. Do you need to scan a human body or a part of it? This is no problem with the PhoXi 3D Scanner. Its wide range of applications includes the medical industry. What about a complex scene containing various kinds of objects with different surfaces? No problem, you can get a point cloud of them all in one single scan.