JAI Apex Series Area Scan AP-3200T-USB
JAI’s prism-based R-G-B cameras separate the incoming light into red, green and blue wavelengths, which are directed to three separate image sensors. The cameras deliver exceptionally accurate R-G-B raw image data ideal for demanding color machine vision applications across a range of industries including pharmaceutical, electronics, printing/packaging and imaging in microscopy and medical diagnostics equipment. The 3-sensor imaging technique provides more accurate per-pixel color values than those obtainable with the Bayer Mosaic technique relying on interpolation routines alone to define pixel color values. The cameras also offer more precise spatial resolution, enabling accurate edge detection and the ability to resolve smaller details. The latest CMOS cameras in the Apex Series represent a large step forward in resolution, speed and color pre-processing functions all at a very reasonable price point. This will enable many more vision designers to step up to the increased value that comes from incorporating a prism-based color camera from JAI.
The Apex AP-3200T-USB is a 3-CMOS prism-based industrial R-G-B area scan camera providing better color fidelity and spatial precision than traditional Bayer color cameras. The camera is built around the PregiusTM IMX265 1/1.8 inch sensor featuring 2064 x 1544 pixels and pixel sizes of 3.45 µm x 3.45 µm. The USB3 Vision interface offers excellent plug and play compatibility while delivering 3 x 3.2 megapixels at 38.3 frames/second.
Exceptionally Accurate Color Image Data: Using a special prism-based imaging technique, the incoming light is separated into red, green and blue wavelengths, captured by three precisely-aligned CMOS sensors. The result is better color accuracy and spatial precision than traditional color cameras using the Bayer mosaic technique.
High Resolution Combined with High Frame Rate: The AP-3200T-USB is built around three Sony Pregius IMX265 sensors. Combined with a USB3 Vision interface, this machine vision camera can output as much as 3 x 3.2 megapixels at 38 frames/second in full resolution.
Flexible Color Space Conversion: The AP-3200T-USB provides great flexibility in on-board color space conversion: including RGB to HSI color space conversion and RGB to CIE-XYZ color space conversion. (sRGB and Adobe RGB color spaces are also supported).
- 3-CMOS prism-based RGB camera.
- 3 x IMX265 Sony Pregius sensors.
- True raw image data (Red, Green and Blue). Also available with IR-cut filter removed (AP-3200T-USB-NF) for extended sensitivity in the red/NIR channel.
- USB3 Vision interface
- Analog gain and exposure setting for each individual R-G-B channel.
- Flexible color space conversion.
- Single and Multi-Region-of-Interest (ROI).
- Automatic level control.
- Shading correction on ROI.
- Color temperature presets.
- Built-in color enhancer and edge enhancer functions.
- Pixel binning (2×1, 1×2 and 2×2).
- Chunk data for each image.
- Compatible with Image-Pro and Micro-Manager software packages for integration with digital microscopy applications.
- Robust and compact design (Shock 50G/Vibration 3G).