Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/85
ZEISS Classic Lenses
Proven optical design in a sturdy metal barrel for large image circles of 43 mm.
The ZEISS Classis lens family offers extraordinary image quality with high contrast for technical and industrial applications in addition to a precise fixture for focus and aperture. The outer design is characterized by a full-metal housing as well as a focus ring, which allows precise manual focusing.
The lenses cover line scan sensors up to 41 mm (4k to 8k) or full frame area sensors with 24 x 36 mm (up to 42 Mpixel). They are available with standard F-Mount and standard M42x1 Mount (45,5 mm Flange Focal Distance) for even more stability. The lens family consists of seven lenses from 25 mm to 85 mm. This range is completed by the lenses of the ZEISS Interlock family.
ZEISS lenses for technical applications are key components in complex production processes (Machine Vision) as well as in optical metrology, medical applications, traffic enforcement, quality assurance, sports and many other applications. Here they prove their outstanding image performance and reliability. Due to the precise manual adjustment of the helical focusing mount, you will gain much better results than with comparable lenses.
- Stress Test: ZEISS lenses need to operate perfectly in extreme conditions, withstanding everything from scorching heat and bitter cold to sandstorms and severe vibrations.
- High-quality metal housing: Noticeable quality and high-value stability qualify ZEISS lenses for decades of intense use. The high-quality craftsmanship of the all-metal mount, the metal housing, and the aperture ring, as well as the robust front bayonet, ensure reliable results.
- Fixing screws for focus and aperture: ZEISS Classic lenses are equipped with small screws to fix focus and aperture to get stable and reliable measuring results even in rough industrial conditions. Both the locking screws and the stable design make the lens inured to vibrations, improve measuring repeatability and avoid machine downtime.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating: The optical elements of ZEISS lenses feature T* anti-reflective coating on all surfaces and an optical design that guarantees images of superior brilliance at all times, even in unfavorable lighting conditions. The first coating techniques were employed by ZEISS as long ago as in the 1930s.
- High-Speed Lenses: Good optical quality captured in low light always begin with a fast lens for a system or a camera. Because, a fast, high-performance lens captures as much light as possible. And a lens with a large maximum aperture leads to the best results when shooting in unfavorable light.
Remarks: *Available with fixing screws for focus and aperture **Only available with fixing screws for focus and aperture ***Not available with fixing screws (no Interlock lens)